Friday, March 11, 2011

Welcome to Waterwall's Vintage Kid's Books

From my own collection, this blog presents a comparatively narrow selection of children's literature from the golden age, namely the 20th century. Most of the books presented here share common themes or common graphic features of personal interest and the relevant details of which are commented on in short posts. If any of these titles are familiar to you I hope you'll enjoy rediscovering them and if they are new to you I hope they'll be as interesting a discovery as they were for me. Some of the books presented here are favorites from my own childhood; others are more recent discoveries, mostly through trolling used bookstores or flea markets here and there which is to say this later group is made up of real-life, real-time surprises and not internet auction sales.

Occasionally other vintage objects may make their way into the blog if they have some relation to the books, themes or graphics.

This blog was partly inspired by other great blogs about children's books. For example, Vintage Kid's Books My Kid Loves  http://www.vintagechildrensbooksmykidloves.com// is a heap of work by a passionate and dedicated author who has posted hundreds of books and if you're a boomer or post-boomer like me it is one heck of a trip down memory lane. Sites like VKBMKL are distinctly more all-inclusive than my modest blog. Here I'm targeting a more nuanced type of material and whether hunting down one of these esoteric books has brought you here or if if you've just stumbled here along the www  welcome ~ and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment